欧美日韩性大香蕉|精品无码成人视频|永久久久久久久久|日韩加勒比偷拍网|婷婷伊人久久蜜桃|亚洲理论中文字幕|中文无码黄色Av|三级一区二区三区|超碰在线精品专区|国语对白一级A片

China / Society

26 arrested for attacking govt building in S China

(Xinhua) Updated: 2014-09-29 06:43

26 arrested for attacking govt building in S China

Screenshot from a local television news program shows a?man behind bars?on suspicion of?attacking a government building and causing many injuries in Shantou City, South China's Guangdong province, Sept 27, 2014.

26 arrested for attacking govt building in S China
Walkout at sports shoe plant?
26 arrested for attacking govt building in S China
Huge IT layoffs trigger labor friction?

Police in a southern Chinese city have arrested 26 suspects for attacking a government building and causing many injuries, authorities said Sunday.

Many officials, police officers and members of the public were injured, including many in a serious condition, after an angry crowd stormed the building of the Party committee of Shantou City, Guangdong Province, said Qiu Wei, vice mayor of Shantou, at a press conference.

Qiu said the suspects stoked public anger about the expansion of a garbage dump. The suspects had previously incited villagers to block roads and clash with police, injuring over 30 officers, on July 7, in an attempt to force the authority to release several gamblers they arrested.

Police arrested the suspects and seized 200 weapons, including knives and batons, on Saturday.

Some residents, however, told Xinhua they were upset about the insufficient compensation after government requisition of their land.

Highlights
Hot Topics
...