欧美日韩性大香蕉|精品无码成人视频|永久久久久久久久|日韩加勒比偷拍网|婷婷伊人久久蜜桃|亚洲理论中文字幕|中文无码黄色Av|三级一区二区三区|超碰在线精品专区|国语对白一级A片

World / US and Canada

Obama confirms killing of American hostage by IS

(Xinhua) Updated: 2014-11-17 09:18

hinaWASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama on Sunday confirmed that American hostage Peter Kassig had been killed by Islamic State (IS) militants.

Kassig, a US aid worker, "was taken from us in an act of pure evil by a terrorist group that the world rightly associates with inhumanity," Obama said in a statement issued by the White House.

In a video uploaded to social networks, a black-clad militant with his face concealed stands before a severed head that he says is that of Kassig's. The video also showed what appeared to be the mass beheading of more than a dozen captured Syrian soldiers.

"Today we offer our prayers and condolences to the parents and family of Abdul-Rahman Kassig, also known to us as Peter," Obama said. "We cannot begin to imagine their anguish at this painful time."

The President praised Kassig as "a humanitarian who worked to save the lives of Syrians injured and dispossessed by the Syrian conflict" and described his deeds as "selfless acts of an individual who cared deeply about the plight of the Syrian people. "

"Today we grieve together, yet we also recall that the indomitable spirit of goodness and perseverance that burned so brightly in Abdul-Rahman Kassig, and which binds humanity together, ultimately is the light that will prevail over the darkness of ISIL," he said, using an alternate acronym of the group.

Kassig is the third US hostage killed by IS in less than three months. Previous American victims were journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...