欧美日韩性大香蕉|精品无码成人视频|永久久久久久久久|日韩加勒比偷拍网|婷婷伊人久久蜜桃|亚洲理论中文字幕|中文无码黄色Av|三级一区二区三区|超碰在线精品专区|国语对白一级A片

World / Latin America

Maradona says got letter from Fidel Castro, halting death rumors

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-01-13 13:55

Maradona says got letter from Fidel Castro, halting death rumors

Maradona?reads the letter he received from former Cuban leader Fidel Castro which congratulates Maradona for his Telesur TV program, Jan 12, 2015. [Photo/IC]

CARACAS - Fidel Castro sent a letter to Diego Maradona, Venezuelan-based TV reported in an interview with the Argentine soccer great on Monday, quashing rumors that the former Cuban leader had died.

The elder Castro had not been heard from nor seen in public since his brother Raul's historic US-Cuba rapprochement last month, and the silence has re-ignited speculation about his health.

"Fidel is doing very well," Maradona told the regional Telesur station, as he held up the letter. "Here's the signature ... I'm showing it to you so you can show it to the world."

Chatter about his demise has dogged Castro periodically since the 1959 Cuban revolution, but became more frequent in recent years because of health problems that forced him to step down from power in favor of his younger brother.

The last public word from Fidel Castro was an Oct. 17 column in state media.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...