欧美日韩性大香蕉|精品无码成人视频|永久久久久久久久|日韩加勒比偷拍网|婷婷伊人久久蜜桃|亚洲理论中文字幕|中文无码黄色Av|三级一区二区三区|超碰在线精品专区|国语对白一级A片

World / Europe

Italy closes Libyan embassy, urges UN mission amid migrant

(Agencies) Updated: 2015-02-16 14:13

Italy closes Libyan embassy, urges UN mission amid migrant

Migrants arrive by boat at the Sicilian harbour of Pozzallo, February 15, 2015. [Photo/Agencies]

On Sunday, a speedboat carrying four people armed with Kalashnikov rifles approached a coast guard cutter carrying out a rescue, Italy's transport minister Maurizio Lupi said.

The armed people threatened the mariners to let them take back and re-use the migrants' boat, Lupi said, "another terrible development in the horrendous trafficking of men, women and children in the Mediterranean".

Italy had only made vague statements about willingness to lead a UN mission in Libya until Friday, when Gentiloni said it was "ready to fight" there.

Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, who has long called for more help from the EU to deal with migrants and for UN intervention in Libya, told RAI TV in an interview on Saturday: "The problems cannot all be left to us because we are the first, the closest, the people who pick up the boats."

Italy's anti-immigrant Northern League party has made a rallying cry out of the migrant arrivals, which numbered more than 160,000 last year.

 

Previous Page 1 2 Next Page

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...