欧美日韩性大香蕉|精品无码成人视频|永久久久久久久久|日韩加勒比偷拍网|婷婷伊人久久蜜桃|亚洲理论中文字幕|中文无码黄色Av|三级一区二区三区|超碰在线精品专区|国语对白一级A片

China pledges $70m help to Horn of Africa

Updated: 2011-10-13 19:35

(Xinhua)

  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按鈕 0

BEIJING - China will provide more help to famine-stricken countries in the Horn of Africa, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Thursday.

China has pledged to offer 443.2 million yuan ($70 million) in emergency grain and funds to help the region cope with its worst drought in six decades, Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said during a daily press briefing.

On the sidelines of the UN general debate earlier this year, Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi said that China will consider providing medical equipment and medicine according to the demands of the affected countries.

Emergency food aid provided by China has been warmly welcomed by the local government and victims in the Horn of Africa, Liu said.

"With the help of the international community, I believe that the affected countries and their people will overcome these difficulties," Liu said.

China-donated food has been shipped to the affected countries since September, when the first shipment of Chinese grain arrived in Kenya, Liu said.

On Wednesday, the United Nations World Food Program began distributing food that was purchased with a $16-million donation from China to hungry families in Somalia.