欧美日韩性大香蕉|精品无码成人视频|永久久久久久久久|日韩加勒比偷拍网|婷婷伊人久久蜜桃|亚洲理论中文字幕|中文无码黄色Av|三级一区二区三区|超碰在线精品专区|国语对白一级A片

World / Asia-Pacific

Ministry rebukes Carter for describing China as a challenge

By ZHANG YUNBI (chinadaily.com.cn) Updated: 2016-02-03 19:36

Beijing said on Wednesday that Washington is still "seeking excuses for more money from taxpayers to boost its military buildup" as US Defense Secretary Ash Carter named China as both a major challenge and competitor to his country.

Elaborating on the US defense budget next year, Carter said on Tuesday the budget plan focused on higher-end weapons spending to maintain the US military's competitive edge over countries like Russia and China, Reuters reported.

In response, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a Wednesday news conference in Beijing that China already announced plans last year to cut troop numbers by 300,000 and "it has always been a peace-loving country".

"China has not been, is not and will not be a threat or challenge to any country," Lu said.

However, the US has maintained a huge defense budget and its military expenditure even exceeded the combined budget number of the following eight countries, Lu said.

"The intention behind the relevant remarks by the relevant US official has long been known to all," Lu said.

Trudeau visits Sina Weibo
May gets little gasp as EU extends deadline for sufficient progress in Brexit talks
Ethiopian FM urges strengthened Ethiopia-China ties
Yemen's ex-president Saleh, relatives killed by Houthis
Most Popular
Hot Topics

...